Queen Elizabeth Scholarship for International Students 2022/2023 _ Do you want to pursue your Higher studies abroad. Welcome then to our post! QECS Program is currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about this scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
Read till the end to find out if you are eligible for this Scholarship, find out also the steps you should follow to apply correctly and win this Scholarship.
About Queen Elizabeth Scholarship for International Students
The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2022-23 are a fantastic opportunity for outstanding graduate students seeking professional advancement in specialized fields.
These fully-funded scholarships are available to persons who have the capacity to acquire practical skills and are willing to study a two-year master’s Programme in a middle-income or low-income Commonwealth nation but are unable to do so owing to financial and other restrictions. Such master’s scholarships enable students to broaden their professional competencies while studying and to equip themselves with the most up-to-date competitive skills required in the job market.
The UK-sponsored scholarships serve as a platform for constructive change in the developing world, assisting students in overcoming global difficulties through effective, productive, and progressive solutions.
The Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2022 is designed for exceptional and dedicated students to assist them in acquiring the skills needed to realize the fundamental theme of international collaboration.
The Commonwealth scholarships seek to discover those who are unable to consider studying owing to obstacles in their academic pursuits. Given the current epidemic, these scholarships have proven to be a beacon of hope for young brains.
Students get the opportunity to collaborate with world-class mentors from prestigious universities. By meeting the organization’s main aim of accomplishing sustainable development goals through higher education, green and clean advancements may be secured.
The universities are of this vision that SDGs can never be attained without the contribution of well-informed research, refined teaching, and enthusiastic community involvement.
The completely financed scholarship program revolves around five primary critical topics. Universities, via exceptional research and inspired teaching skills, are contributing to the creation of a world free of worry and a testament to happiness and well health.
Universities seek to extend their knowledge, facilitate the interchange of ideas, and develop links between nations through international collaboration. The institutions focus on the premise of socio-politico-economic equality with a motivation to study, lead, and grow by providing simple access and inclusion.
Furthermore, in universities, students are provided with a favourable environment for research. Universities are expected to strengthen their foundations because they think that strong countries are the result of great academic institutions.
The QECS Scholarships 2022-23 are designed to invest in future qualifiers who are determined to make a difference in their communities throughout the world. These scholarships aim to provide individuals with life-changing opportunities by immersing them in a new country’s environment and culture.
The Association of Commonwealth Universities exists to encourage excellence and build a better world via British-standard higher education that adheres to the Commonwealth’s objectives.
Furthermore, the Association now has over 500 member universities in nearly 50 nations under the Commonwealth banner. More than 60% of its members are from poor and middle-income nations, with the remaining 5% from minor states.
It is an easy to access program, especially for those belonging to developing countries who lack developmental resources to flourish in the globalized world
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2022-2023
- Papua New Guinea
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
Host Universities of Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships:
- University of the South Pacific
- Papua New Guinea University of Technology
- North-West University
- Rhodes University
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Pretoria (UP)
- University of Venda
- University of Colombo
- University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- University of Dhaka
- University of Eswatini
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, (KNUST), Kumasi, Ghana
- The University of the West Indies
- Technical University of Kenya
- University of Nairobi
- Universiti Malaya
- Universiti Putra Malaysia
- University of Mauritius
- COMSATS University Islamabad
- University of Rwanda
- The State University of Zanzibar
Degree Level in Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships
Master’s Degree Program
Fields of Study:
1. University of the South Pacific
- MA Applied Linguistics
- MA Development Studies
- MA Diplomacy & International Affairs
- MA Environmental Management
- MA Geography
- MA Governance
- MA History
- MA Journalism
- MA Linguistics
- MA Literature
- MA Major in Education
- MA Marine Management
- MA Mathematics
- MA Pacific Studies
- MA Politics/ International Affairs
- MA Psychology
- MA Social Policy
- MA Sociology
- Master of Agriculture (by thesis)
- Master of Commerce in Accounting (by thesis)
- Master of Commerce in Economics
- Master of Commerce in Official Statistics
- Master of Commerce in Population Studies & Demography
- Master of Commerce in Professional Accounting
- Master of Education
- Master of Environmental Law
- Master of Law
- MSc Biology
- MSc Chemistry
- MSc Computing Science
- MSc Earth Science
- MSc Engineering
- MSc Environmental Science
- MSc Geospatial Science
- MSc Information Systems
- MSc Marine Science
- MSc Mathematics
- MSc Physics
2. North-West University:
- MA Positive Psychology
- Master of Consumer Sciences
- Master of Health Sciences in Cardiovascular Physiology
- Master of Health Sciences in Clinical Psychology
- Master of Health Sciences in Counselling Psychology
- Master of Health Sciences in Health Professions Education
- Master of Health Sciences in Human Movement Sciences
- Master of Health Sciences in Occupational Hygiene
- Master of Health Sciences in Psychology
- Master of Health Sciences in Recreation Science
- Master of Health Sciences in Research Psychology
- Master of Health Sciences in Transdisciplinary Health Promotion
- Master of Nursing Science
- Master of Social Work
- Master of Social Work in Child Protection
- Master of Social Work in Forensic Practice
- MPharm Pharmacy Practice
- MSc Dietetics
- MSc Nutrition
- MSc Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- MSc Pharmaceutical Sciences
- MSc Pharmaceutics
- MSc Pharmacology
3. Rhodes University:
- MSc Science
- MA Humanities
- MCOM Commerce
- LLM Law
- MPharm Pharmacy
- Masters Education
4. Stellenbosch University:
- MEng Process Engineering
- MPhil Pediatrics
- MPhil Infectious Diseases
5. University of Johannesburg:
- Health and Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Engineering and Mathematics Accountancy and Finance
- Social sciences
- Arts and Humanities
6. University of Pretoria (UP):
- Master Research courses and not coursework. Visit the UP website for further information.
7. University of Venda:
- Health sciences
- Management, Commerce, and Law
- Humanities, Social Science and Education
- Science, Engineering, and Agriculture
8. University of Colombo:
- MSc Molecular Life Sciences
- MSc Cellular and Molecular Immunology
9. University of Sri Jayewardenepura:
- Master of Business Administration
QECS Awards Program Duration:
The duration of the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships for international students is 2 years.
Benefits of Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2022:
- The full tuition fee will be covered.
- QECS scholarship will cover the living expenses.
- The scholarship will cover the return economy tickets.
- The scholarship will also provide an arrival allowance.
- A research grant will be provided.
Eligibility Criteria for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship
To be eligible for Canadian Francophonie Scholarship Program CFSP, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: Check University requirements.
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of a commonwealth country.
- A candidate must have a bachelor’s degree.
- There is no upper age limit.
- A candidate must be aware that he or she is going to study in a lower or middle-income country.
- An applicant can only apply for the university that is mentioned in the list on the official website.
- No host university will be entertaining the participant in the UK, Canada, or Australia.
- There are two cycles for applying each year, a candidate needs to look into the country/university that would determine in which cycle he should apply.
- An applicant can apply to more than one university or country.
- After the acknowledgement of the above information, a candidate can apply via the official website along with the required documents and correct information.
How Do You Apply for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships?
1. All applicants must apply online.
2. A candidate must first create a MyACU account.
3. They will get an email verifying their account registration.
4. Applicants will then be able to enter into the system and access the application form, which must be properly completed.
5. Provide all essential information, including personal information, academic and job records, and the course for which you desire to apply.
6. Check to see if the required course is available at the university you’ve chosen for admission.
7. Provide statements that contain a research plan, development effect, post-study outreach, and network creation.
Before beginning the application procedure, make sure you have all of your supporting papers with you.
8. Fill out your application completely and submit it.
9. The applicants will receive a confirmation email after submission.
To know more about Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship, please visit the official website:
- Auburn University Fully-Funded Scholarship 2022-2023
- Yale University Scholarship 2022
- Apply for Fulbright Scholarship 2022 for International Students
- Illinois Wesleyan University Scholarships for International Students 2022-2023
- Chevening Fully-Funded Scholarship for International Students
- Harvard Fully-Funded Scholarship for International Students 2022-2023
- The University of Miami Scholarship for International Students
- How to Apply for a College Scholarship and Get it
SCHOLARSHIP FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS _ ANSWERED
Although knowing where to go for scholarships isn’t as simple as it seems, applying for scholarships to study abroad shouldn’t be a daunting endeavour.
With our scholarship applications FAQ, you’ll discover all the information you need to apply for scholarships, including tips on where to look for scholarships, how to submit your application, and what to include. Best wishes!
1. What are the types of scholarships out there?
Scholarships are available for university students all around the world, ranging from partial scholarships that pay certain tuition expenses to full scholarships that cover the term of your education. The majority of scholarships simply pay tuition, allowing students to meet their own living expenses.
There are also other sorts of scholarships available for overseas students from certain regions or students studying a specific subject. Many students from underdeveloped nations, including sections of Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe, can, for example, apply for particular scholarships, as can many students from all around the world interested in studying a STEM-related subject (science, technology, engineering and mathematics).
2. What are my odds of being awarded a scholarship?
Don’t be deceived: scholarships are really competitive. After all, many students throughout the world are attempting to obtain finance for their education. Although some scholarships are awarded primarily on academic achievement (‘merit-based scholarships’), your chances of success are typically influenced by the quality of your application and whether or not you are in financial need.
A handful of colleges in the United States, notably Harvard and MIT, have ‘need-blind’ admissions procedures, which means that all students’ applications are examined regardless of their financial position, and tuition expenses are subsequently reimbursed in part by the school.
There are several things you may do to increase your chances of receiving a scholarship. When applying for scholarships, be sure to include all needed evidence and give yourself plenty of time to write your application.
It is very vital to properly describe your reasons for studying and how receiving a scholarship would help you achieve your goals. Keep the deadlines and, most importantly, demonstrate to the scholarship givers that you have the capacity to accomplish great things!
3. Is it possible for me to acquire a scholarship for graduate school?
Yes! In reality, graduate scholarships to study abroad are more popular than undergraduate scholarships since institutions and governments are generally eager to attract highly competent graduate students, and graduate scholarships are frequently used as an incentive.
There will be several options accessible depending on your level of education. While some scholarship programs are available to all students, there are also master’s, PhD, postdoctoral, and academic research fellowships. For details on where to look for scholarships, see the next question.
Every year, QS awards US$7 million in scholarships, the majority of which are at the graduate level and are only accessible to attendees of the QS World Grad School Tour and QS World MBA Tour. (An Undergraduate Scholarship of up to US$10,000 is also available, for which you do not need to have attended a QS event.) If you want to apply for one of our graduate scholarships, you must first register for a local event and then complete the scholarship application procedure.
4. Where can I look for scholarship opportunities?
It is best to start by looking at the material offered by your selected university to see whether you are qualified for any scholarships. Funding information will be available on the university’s website or in the prospectus, as well as contact information if you have any queries concerning scholarship applications.
In many circumstances, you will not be allowed to apply for university scholarships until you have been accepted into a university program. Please check question five below if you are dependent on a scholarship for support.
In addition to university scholarships (financed by your institution), you may be eligible for a variety of external scholarships, such as government scholarships or scholarships supported by organizations or charities having a vested interest in higher education.
To find these scholarships, you may either utilize a scholarship search engine like InternationalScholarships.com or FastWeb.com, or you can perform a more thorough search by visiting official consular/governmental websites and hunting down any information on foreign student financing supplied.
Current scholarships are frequently posted together, such as on the government of Canada’s dedicated scholarships website or the DAAD’s scholarship database (for Germany), although they can be difficult to discover at times, so be patient!
5. Is it possible to apply for a scholarship before getting admitted to a university?
If you rely on scholarship assistance to attend school, you should notify the institution in the question of your status. Some schools only offer ‘fully financed’ spots, which means that all candidates must have enough funds.
However, many programs allow you to apply to a program before receiving scholarships, on the condition that you notify them as soon as possible if you must decline the position due to a lack of money. If you do not receive the scholarship, you should still have enough time to withdraw your university application or locate another source of income before the start of the semester.
6. How should I go about applying for overseas scholarships?
In most cases, institutions, governments, and external organizations will advertise their scholarship options online, along with information on how to apply. Most will enable you to submit your application online, along with any supporting papers required.
In rare situations, the scholarship giver will provide you with an address to mail your printed application to. If you have any special questions regarding applying for scholarships, please contact the source using the information provided on their official websites.
7. How can I know whether I’m qualified to apply?
If you read the eligibility information on the provider’s website, you will know if you are eligible to apply for a certain scholarship. If the scholarship is aimed at students from certain locations, eligibility may be based on nationality. The program you are enrolled in will also influence your eligibility for subject-specific scholarships.
Most university scholarships are only available to students who have previously been accepted into a program at that university. Government scholarships will also offer distinct funds for domestic students as well as separate money for overseas students – so make sure you’ve identified the right scholarship plan before applying.
Other frequent qualifying conditions include the past level of study grades, a degree from a reputable university (for graduate scholarships), and English fluency (e.g., TOEFL/IELTS, for English-language programs).
8. What information should I include in my scholarship application?
In addition to a completed application form with information about yourself and your contact information, you may be required to supply the following paperwork to support your application:
- A transcript of grades
- Recommendation letter(s)
- An essay about a specific topic Some ‘need-based’
- University scholarships in the United States will also require candidates to complete a ‘Free Application for Federal Student Help’ (FAFSA) to determine their eligibility for financial aid.
9. What information should I include in my scholarship essay?
The short answer is everything that helps you stand out. That is, everything related to your study! The majority of scholarship sponsors want to know why they should finance you rather than any other candidate, so use your essay as an opportunity to demonstrate your value – highlight your academic achievements, objectives, and hobbies, as well as how they connect to the program you are applying for.
10. When is the ideal time to apply for study abroad grants
Many study abroad scholarships have comparable deadlines, which frequently coincide with the start dates of the academic year in the relevant nation. Scholarships for overseas students can be discovered up until the late summer months for autumn admission, and you’ll frequently have until late in the fall to apply for winter admission.
Check the specifics supplied on the scholarship provider’s website for particular dates and mark them down in your calendar so you don’t miss a vital deadline.
11. How can I receive assistance with my scholarship application letter?
If you need assistance acquiring information about specific scholarship programs, you should contact the scholarship giver directly. If you need help putting together a strong application, visit our Admissions Advice area of the website.
12. What exactly are scholarship scams, and how should I avoid them?
A typical method for identifying scholarship scammers is to ask yourself if the scholarship appears to be too good to be true. If the application procedure appears to be too simple, or if you have to pay to apply, you should be cautious. If a website advertises a ‘guaranteed scholarship,’ or if you receive an unsolicited email, you should be extremely cautious.
If you are concerned about the genuineness of a scholarship, run an online search to discover if there is any further information regarding the same scholarship available online. Walk away if there is little information or if the information offered is hazy or confusing.
Stick to legitimate websites belonging to schools, governments, or reputable organizations to reduce your chances of being pulled in by a scam, or utilize a free scholarship search tool.
13. Any more questions?
If you have any unresolved questions regarding scholarship programs, you can either contact the scholarship sponsor directly or leave your query in the comments area below.