How to Immigrate to Singapore & Become Permanent Resident _ Welcome to our platform, we are here to educate and guide you with updated information on how to become anything you want and whatever you seek online; we are your best plug.
A seeker of information must be a good and patient reader, this is all you will need to search out whatever you seek. Let’s go on this topic:
How to Immigrate to Singapore & Become Permanent Resident
Are you planning to relocate to Singapore? Do you want to become a permanent resident of Singapore as well?
This content covers everything you need to know about Singapore immigration programs and how to obtain permanent residency in Singapore.
Singapore is an Asian country with a tropical climate and a multicultural population, as well as a global financial center. It is centered on the island city-state off the coast of southern Malaysia.
However, it is known as the “Lion City,” and it has one of the best tourist centers, a university, and great firms for start-ups and business. These factors combine to make Singapore one of the most desirable destinations for immigrants.
As a newcomer or foreign national seeking to migrate to Singapore and obtain permanent residency, there are several paths and options available to you. However, the path you take is determined by the criteria and qualifications you’ve obtained.
Other Intriguing Articles:
Let me quickly summarize the advantages of becoming a permanent resident of Singapore. I’ll also highlight the paths to obtaining permanent residency in Singapore and explain the two major paths to obtaining permanent residency in Singapore, which includes student and work visas.
Benefits of Permanent residency in Singapore
- You’re free to travel in and out of Singapore without needing to apply for any travel visa in Singapore. A blue card would be received which can act as your identity documents
- You can include your spouse or children under 21 or the permanent resident application
- You can apply for a long-stay visa for your parents
- You can change jobs freely in Singapore without the need for a work permit
- After a number of years of holding permanent residence status, you can apply for Singapore citizenship and enjoy many other benefits
Paths to becoming a Singapore Permanent Resident
- You can become a permanent resident in Singapore if you’re a spouse of a Singapore citizen or a Singapore permanent resident
- You can also become a permanent resident of Singapore if you’re an unmarried child aged below 21 born within the context of legal marriage to, or have been legally adopted by, a Singapore citizen or permanent resident
- You can also become a permanent resident if you’re an aged parent of a Singapore citizen
- Also, you can become a permanent resident if you’re a holder of either an S pass or an Employment pass
- A student studying in Singapore is also a path to becoming a Singapore permanent resident
- You can also become a Singapore permanent resident by investment
Now you’ve gone through the paths to becoming a permanent resident in Singapore. I want to explain how you can at least achieve Singapore work visa or pass and also for foreign nationals who wish to study in Singapore, how you can also obtain a Singapore student visa or pass.
How to get Singapore work visa
In Singapore, there’s no such thing as a work visa, they make use of the term, work pass. So I’ll quickly highlight the various works pass available in Singapore and their requirements. This is a method to immigrate to Singapore.
Types of Singapore work visa and Eligibility
- Personalized Employment Pass: This work pass is obtained by only highly skilled earning professionals who already hold an existing employment pass or overseas professional. However, these professionals must earn an annual fixed salary of $144,000.
- S Pass: This work pass is obtained by mid-class individuals that are fixed on a minimum of $2,200 monthly salary and meet up criteria.
- Employment Pass: This work pass is obtained by professional individuals that are fixed on a minimum of $3,600 monthly salary and meet up criteria.
- Work permit: Singapore also has a work permit for foreign domestic workers, performing artists,s and also for foreign workers that do construction jobs, marine, service sector, etc.
- Entre Pass: This is for foreign nationals who want to start up a business in Singapore
- Training Employment Pass: This can be obtained by professionals who undergo practical training and also earns a minimum of $3,000 monthly
- Dependent pass: This is obtained by the spouse or children of S pass or Employment pass holders
Other working visas or pass includes a training work permit, working holiday pass, letter of consent, long-term visit pass, and miscellaneous work pass.
How to get Singapore study visa
Singapore is one of the best options for international students seeking for world-class education. However, their institutions are top-notched, well facilitated by one of the most qualified experts and professionals.
Read also: Study in Canada: Student Visa Process and Requirements
Requirements to get Student pass in Singapore:
- A valid passport that must be at least 3months after the study program
- A valid identity card
- A most recent photograph in passport style
- Letter of acceptance from the Singapore institution
- A printed copy of the eForm 16 and eForm V36 from the Student’s Pass Online Application and Registration system.
- Study plan (Signed)
- Test score (i.e GMAT, TOEFL, GRE, IELTS)
- Medical certificate
- Academy certificate and transcripts
- Proof of finance
In Conclusion on “How to Immigrate to Singapore & Become Permanent Resident”
The above requirements are needed to apply for a Singapore student pass. Complete your registration on SOLAR (Singapore official registration system), print the form 16 and submit it to ICA (Immigration checkpoint authority) for evaluation, pay the necessary fees, and wait to get approved by ICA.
If you wish to immigrate to Singapore and apply for a student pass, work pass, or permanent residence status, you can visit the official Singapore immigration website and access yourself freely before you apply.
If you’ve any further questions in regards to how you can immigrate to Singapore, permanent residency in Singapore, Singapore student pass, work pass, or any other related question, please do let me know via the comment section.