How to Find a Federal Government Job in the USA – Do you wish to know how to search for jobs with the US federal government?
On this page, let us help you with accurate know-how on how and where to sort jobs with the federal government.
Is a Federal Government Job a Good Job?
YES: Jobs in the federal government are typically stable and well-paying, with good benefits, retirement, and job security. Civilian jobs of comparable complexity and value typically pay more and can provide entrepreneurial values in addition to a salary.
Is it Hard to Get a Federal Job?
Many people believe that applying for a federal job is a difficult and time-consuming process, but it is actually quite simple. For many people, the search for federal government jobs can take anywhere from 6 to 18 months.
Many people wish to pursue a career in the state or federal government. Obtaining a government job can take a long time, but once you do, you will generally enjoy a good salary and a high level of job security.
Federal Government Job in the USA – How to Find a Federal Job
There are job openings in federal agencies across the country. If you’re interested in one, visit USAJOBS.gov. It’s the official job site for the federal government.
There, you can:
- Search for jobs, including ones in high demand.
- Learn how the government hires people.
- Find student job opportunities with the government.
- Learn about government jobs for non-U.S. citizens.
How to Apply for a Federal Job Through USAJOBS
- You must create a USAJOBS profile to apply.
- USAJOBS requires users to have a login.gov account. Sign up with login.gov.
- Sign in to USAJOBS, create your profile, and upload your resume.
- Search for jobs that interest you.
- Review the job announcements to see if you qualify.
- Prepare your application in USAJOBS.
- Submit your application through USAJOBS to the federal agency with the job opening.
- Search for Jobs at a Specific Agency
- Though most federal agencies post their jobs on USAJOBS, some post jobs on their websites. If you want to work for a specific agency, find its website through the A-Z Index of Government Agencies.
- Explore local and virtual federal hiring events and training opportunities.
- There is never an application fee or a testing fee to apply for a government or U.S. Postal Service job.
There are several types of bachelor’s and graduate degrees that can help you to get into government. Here are some of the best degrees to get into government.
The 7 Best Degrees to Get Into the Federal Government With
- Public Administration
- International Relations
- Business Administration
- Political Science
- Public Health
- Public Policy