Diversity Visa Lottery Interview Questions & Answers – Have you enrolled in the ongoing U.S. Diversity Visa Lottery? Please submit your application as soon as possible if you want to have the best chance of being chosen.
Go through this article to get an idea of what the Green Card Visa Lottery Interview looks like.
The 2022 Diversity Visa Program is sponsored by the U.S. State Department. The winners of the US diversity visa lottery are chosen at random. Every year, between 13 million and 20 million people from various countries apply for the 50,000 available visas.
U.S. Government anticipates an extraordinary number of applications this year, so please apply as soon as possible for the 2022 Diversity Visa Program, also known as the Green Card Lottery, to avoid missing the upcoming deadline.
Diversity Visa Lottery Interview Questions & Answers
When attending the interview you will be asked some questions and here are some examples:
- Why do you want to go to the U.S.A?
- Have you traveled to the U.S.A earlier?
- What is your annual income?
- Will you go back to your own country?
Other Frequently Asked Questions About DV Lottery Interview & Answers
What is the Step to be Followed Before Preparing for a Visa Interview?
When you receive notification for the Green Card Lottery interview, prepare for it ahead of time. The following steps should be taken before preparing for the Visa interview:
- Your information should be available under the Diversity Visa Entrants status check.
- Then, go over all of the specific instructions provided by the US embassy or consulate.
- Before attending the Visa interview, you must first undergo a medical examination for yourself and your family.
- You and your family members should bring all required documents to the interview.
- Finally, you must pay the Visa fee when you attend the interview or before you attend the interview, depending on which US embassy or consulate you visit.
What is US Green Card and what are the benefits?
Green Card is a document that gives benefits:
- Permission for legal residence in U.S. al staying in USA,
- Permission to work in any company located in U.S. territory,
- Permission to start own business and create own corporation,
- Ability to legal enter/leave the U.S.,
- Right to apply for social services,
- Right to apply for government-sponsored financial aid for education,
- Eligibility to apply for U.S. citizenship later,
- Ability to sponsor and invite spouse and unmarried children up to 21-year-old,
- Eligibility to buy the property and apply for a mortgage in a local bank.
I am 18 years old can I apply?
There is no minimum age to apply, but the requirement of high school education or work experience for each principal applicant at the time of application will effectively disqualify most persons who are under age 18.
What Happens After The Green Card Lottery Interview?
When your Visa application interview is completed, you will be informed whether approved or denied. If they approve it, you will receive:
- They stamp your passport with your immigrant Visa. An immigration packet that is sealed and thus must be presented to customs and border protection.
- Immigration Visa is usually valid for six months, so you must enter the United States before your immigrant Visa expires.
- Before traveling to the United States, pay the Immigrant Visa fee.
- When you immigrate to the United States with a Diversity Visa, you can live there as a permanent resident.
Do I have to list all my kids?
Yes. You must list ALL your living children who are unmarried and under 21 years of age at the time of your initial E-DV entry, whether they are your natural children, your stepchildren (even if you are now divorced from that child’s parent), your spouse’s children, or children you have formally adopted in accordance with the laws of your country. List all children under 21 years of age at the time of your electronic entry, even if they no longer reside with you or you do not intend for them to immigrate under the DV program. You are not required to list children who are already U.S. citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents, though you will not be penalized if you do include them.
Can I put my boyfriend/girlfriend on the entry?
I am in the United States. Can I enter the DV program?
Yes, an applicant may be in the United States or in another country, and the entry may be submitted from anywhere.
I am in Germany. Can I enter the DV program for her if she lives in Poland?
Yes. The entry may be submitted from anywhere. But make sure to read all requirements…
How much does it cost to enter the E-DV program?
There is no fee charged for submitting an electronic DV entry. If you use a service or other people to enter your name on your behalf you may pay some fees.
If I am selected how and where should I pay for a visa?
If you are selected and apply for a Diversity Visa, you must pay all required visa fees at the time of visa application and interview directly with the consular cashier at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. If you are a selectee already in the United States and you apply to USCIS to adjust your status, you will pay all required fees directly to USCIS. If you are selected, you will receive details of the required DV and immigrant visa application fees with the instructions provided through the E-DV website.
Do I have to send any documents in order to enter?
No. At the time of entry, you do not need to send any documentation.
How and when do I learn if I am selected for DV- 2024 – 2022 year?
You must use your confirmation number to access the Entrant Status Check available on the E-DV website at www.dvlottery.state.gov. Entrant Status Check is the sole means by which you will be notified if you are selected, provided further instructions on your visa application, and notified of your immigrant visa interview appointment date and time. The only authorized Department of State website for official online entry in the Diversity Visa Program and Entrant Status Check is www.dvlottery.state.gov. The Department of State will NOT contact you to tell you that you have been selected.
If I am selected, can my spouse go to the US?
Yes. If you will be selected the whole family will receive a green card but remember to put their names on the entry form. Please check eligibility and qualifications in the requirements section.
If I am selected can I go to the USA without my family first?
Yes. You can travel to the USA by yourself, and later your family (spouse and children) can come. But remember to put their names on the entry form. But if you used your spouse’s country (as an eligible country) you must go travel to the US with the whole family.
If I am selected do I have to go to the USA?
No. If you win you can decline your visa. This is your choice.
I was selected, what should I do next?
After you check and noticed that you were selected, you will receive directions/information on what has to be done next. Print all the information and fill out all appropriate forms requested. Start your process ASAP.
If I am selected, for how long am I entitled to apply for a Diversity Visa?
If you are selected for the DV-2022 program, you are entitled to apply for visa issuance only during U.S. Government Fiscal Year 2022, which spans from October 1, 2021, through September 30, 2022. Selectees are encouraged to apply for visas as early as possible, once their lottery rank numbers become eligible for further processing. Without exception, all selected and eligible applicants must obtain their visas or adjust their status by the end of the fiscal year. There is no carry-over of DV benefits into the next year for persons who are selected but who do not obtain visas by September 30, 2022 (the end of the fiscal year). Also, spouses and children who derive status from a DV-2022 registration can only obtain visas in the DV category between October 1, 2021, and September 30, 2022. Applicants who apply overseas will receive an appointment notification from the Department through Entrant Status Check on the E-DV website four to six weeks before the scheduled appointment.
I did not win this lottery last year, can I apply again?
Yes. But please check all new requirements posted for this year’s lottery.