DAAD Scholarship 2022 Deadline _ Do you want to pursue your higher studies abroad? Welcome then to our post! DAAD Scholarship Program is currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail this scholarship, its benefits and the step-by-step application process.
Read till the end to find out if you are eligible for this Scholarship, find out also the steps you should follow to apply correctly and win this Scholarship.
Why Study in Germany?
Why is Germany a great study destination? Located in the heart of Europe and without tuition fees, find out why Germany could be the perfect place to get your degree abroad.
1. Quality institutions
Germany is the most popular non-English-speaking study destination in the world and has some of the best-ranked universities in Western Europe. In 2020, the Times Higher Rankings placed LMU Munich in 29th position in the world, Heidelberg University in 37th place and the Humboldt University of Berlin in 49, while many other institutions are listed after 100.
Recognized for the Quality of its latest generation teaching and facilities, the German Government is also very dedicated to higher education. German state funds research projects are carried out every year, which allows students to carry out their own individual projects and cutting-edge research.
2. There are no tuition fees
You may have dreamed of studying in Europe, but you are worried about how you will finance your studies. Germany may be the right place for you! Studying undergraduate in Germany is FREE. Yes, you read it right! Even as an international student, you don’t have to pay fees or tuition fees, because in Germany the registrations are free of charge.
In fact, at the end of your undergraduate studies at a German university, you can be chosen to pursue a postgraduate degree that is also free. Without tuition fees, you can save extra money for accommodation, study material, socialization and know nearby places.
3. Job Opportunities
After graduation, international students can stay up to 18 months in Germany to look for a job, a generous amount of time compared to many other European countries, such as the United Kingdom, where they can be three months after graduation.
In 2020, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) reported that about 50% of international students reside in the country after graduation, reflecting the appetite and demand to remain in the nation to work.
Universities also have excellent links with companies, this gives them an advantage in the search for internships or placements. According to the results of the Times Higher Education’s Global Employability University Ranking,
4. Quality of life
Life as a student in Germany is undoubtedly impressive. Most major German cities such as Berlin, Munich and Hamburg are centres of culture, art and music. There is so much to see and do, no matter what your interests, this is the perfect place to be a curious international student.
If you are interested in sports, politics, history or art, you will find your niche market and a crowd with similar interests to yours. Due to a strong economy and infrastructure, it has reliable, safe and fast public transport, which means that moving is very easy. During the day you can explore the impressive architecture, medieval castles and parks and at night enjoy the great life in the main cities.
5. International environment
Germany is a breeding ground for students and international multiculturalism. With so many university studies taught in English and no tuition fees, international students from all over the world are naturally attracted to the country.
Last year, more than 300,000 international students studied in the nation and that amount is expected to increase even more. It is also located in the heart of Western Europe which allows easy access and travel to other countries in the area, where you can discover new cultures and visit places of interest.
About DAAD Scholarship
DAAD Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully-funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is available to pursue a master’s or PhD at the top German Universities. DAAD scholarships cover monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
Well-trained experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all.
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programs, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from developing and newly industrialized countries.
The scholarships offer foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
DAAD Scholarship 2022 Deadline
DAAD Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Doctoral (PhD) / Masters
- Institution: DAAD
- Study in: Germany
- Economic Sciences, Law
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Art, Design
- Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Medicine, Health Sciences
Program Period: Between 12 and 36 months depending on the length of the chosen study program.
DAAD Scholarship Deadline: Depending on chosen study program; please check the deadlines here.
DAAD Scholarship Coverage:
DAAD Scholarship 2022 for Masters and PhD Germany provide the recipient with following benefits:
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
- One-off study allowance.
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy.
- Contribution towards tuition fees that may be charged by the university (max. € 500.- per semester).
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Scholarship 2022
To be eligible for DAAD Scholarship 2022 for Masters and PhD Germany, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English or German.
- For international programs, the language of instruction is English. You are usually required to submit an English language certificate e.g. TOEFL or IELTS.
- For other programs, the language of instruction is German. You are usually required to submit a German language certificate e.g. DSH or TestDaF.
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree (usually a four-year course) or Masters’s degree in an appropriate subject.
- Candidates should have at least two years of professional experience.
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship.
- Sierra Leone
- Near and Middle East Cambodia
- St. Lucia
- Dem. Rep.
- South Africa
- St. Vincent and Iran Indonesia
- Côte d’Ivoire
- South Sudan the Grenadines
- Korea DPR
- Macedonia Djibouti
- St. Helena
- Lebanon Laos
- Palestinian territories
- Georgia Marshall Islands
- Costa Rica
- Kazakhstan Nauru
- Kyrgyzstan Niue
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Dominican Republic
- New Guinea
- El Salvador
- Solomon Islands
- Burkina Faso
- Sri Lanka Tonga
- Tajikistan Tuvalu
- Turkmenistan Vanuatu
- Cape Verde
- Wallis and Futuna
- Republic Sâo Tomé and Principe Montserrat
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship 2022?
To apply for DAAD Scholarship 2022 for Masters’s and PhD in Germany please follow the following step by step application procedure:
Can you apply for more than one course under the DAAD scholarship?
You can apply for up to three courses. If applying to more than one course, please list courses in order of priority in the DAAD application forms.
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarship:
- Personally signed CV (please use the sample Europass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/) with the current date
- Personally signed Letter of Motivation (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate programme(s), two pages maximum) with the current date.
IMPORTANT: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), you have to submit one motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these specific courses and why you chose that priority.
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must have letterhead, a signature and an official stamp and must be of the current date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) that prove a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the bachelor’s degree) at the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
- Proof of Language Skills:
- English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- German – Required for courses taught in German
- Copies of Academic Degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- Copies of Academic Transcripts, incl. grading-scale (certified translation if necessary)
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.
Note: Some courses may require additional documents. For detailed information, please see the relevant course description in the Brochure and on the respective websites. The complete applications have to be submitted in English or German to be considered.
Step-by-Step Application and Selection Procedure for DAAD Scholarship:
- Chose suitable courses of your interest. (You can apply for a maximum of three courses)
- Apply to universities offering that courses.
- You send your complete application(s) (with the above documents) directly to the universities.
- A selection committee suggests potential candidates for a DAAD scholarship.
- The suggested candidates will be contacted by DAAD to upload their complete application to the DAAD Portal. (The link to the DAAD Portal will be provided by DAAD through email)
- The selection process will be finalized, and the suggested candidates will be informed accordingly.
Make sure that you have a copy of each document of your application ready, as those documents (as PDF files) have to be uploaded to the DAAD Portal in case you are suggested for a DAAD scholarship!
To know more about DAAD Scholarship Deadline for Masters and PhD Germany, please visit the official website:
What are you waiting for? Start your study adventure in Germany today!
- Yale University Scholarship 2022
- Apply for Fulbright Scholarship 2022 for International Students
- Illinois Wesleyan University Scholarships for International Students 2022-2023
- Auburn University Fully-Funded Scholarship 2022-2023
- Chevening Fully-Funded Scholarship for International Students
- Harvard Fully-Funded Scholarship for International Students 2022-2023
- The University of Miami Scholarship for International Students
- How to Apply for a College Scholarship and Get it