Car Insurance Quotes Texas – Whether you’re new to Texas or simply looking for a better deal, Toshima Media is here to provide a quick and free car insurance quote for our excellent coverage.
An insurance quote is a cost estimate from an insurance company for a new insurance policy. Insurance quotes include information on which coverages would be provided if the customer proceeded with the purchase.
Car Insurance Coverage in Texas
Texas Texas is known for being a large state, and with that comes a large number of roads and highways that Texas drivers use on a daily basis. Make sure you and your vehicle are properly insured with the appropriate Texas car insurance policy.
Whether you’re new to Texas or simply looking for a better deal, Toshima Media is here to provide a quick and free car insurance quote for our excellent coverage. Toshima Media provides reasonably priced auto insurance in Texas, as well as features such as 24/7 customer service and a variety of car insurance discounts that may save you money.
See for yourself why so many of your fellow Texan drivers are switching to Toshima Media for car insurance. Start your online Texas auto insurance quote anytime. It’s fast and free.
Additional Auto Insurance Information for Your City in Texas
Texans know driving is different depending on the city. What you need for car insurance in Houston may be different than what you need for car insurance in Austin, Dallas, or San Antonio. Be sure to gather as much information as you can to make the right decision about your car insurance needs.
Texas Auto Insurance Laws
In Texas, you’ll need proof of auto insurance when/if you:
- Get a car inspection
- Register a car
- Complete certain transactions pertaining to your driver’s license
- Are pulled over by law enforcement
The fine for driving without insurance in Texas can be up to $1,000 plus surcharges to the annual driver’s license fee. Avoid the headache and hassle and make sure you have at least the minimum required auto insurance coverage.
Minimum Texas Car Insurance Coverage
Texas requires drivers to carry at minimum the following auto insurance coverages:
- Bodily injury liability: $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident
- Property damage liability: $25,000
- Personal injury protection (PIP): $2,500 unless you reject this coverage
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury: $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident unless you reject this coverage
- Uninsured motorist property damage: $25,000 and a $250 deductible unless your reject this coverage\
While these are the minimum coverages Texas requires you to have, everyone’s insurance needs are different. Visit our Coverage Calculator to get a personalized recommendation.
Mexico Tourist Auto Insurance
Are you planning a trip to Mexico by car? As a Toshima Media auto policyholder, we could help you get auto insurance for your drive to Mexico.
Texas Car Registration Information
Get A Texas Driver’s License
New residents moving into Texas, who have a valid driver’s license from their home state, have 90 days after entry into the state to secure a Texas driver’s license.
Applicants age 18 and over with a valid out-of-state driver’s license will be required to:
- Provide proof of Identity
- Provide proof of Social Security Number
- Provide proof of Texas vehicle registration and liability insurance, if you own a vehicle
- Complete required forms available at any Texas Driver License office
- Pay the required fee
- Pass a vision exam
- If you have a valid out-of-state license in your possession, it must be surrendered at the driver’s license office
When filing your application, please submit:
- A completed Application for Texas Certificate of Title, Form 130-U
- Original out-of-state title or current foreign or military ownership document
- A completed Form VTR-68-A and proof of compliance with U.S. Department of Transportation safety requirements if you have a foreign ownership document
- Vehicle Identification Certificate, issued by an approved safety inspection station
- Valid proof of liability insurance meeting Texas requirements
- The car’s current odometer reading, if the vehicle is less than 10 model years old
- Sales or use tax verification if you have not previously registered the car in another state
Texas Teen Driving Laws
If your Texan teen is getting close to the driving age, you both should know:
- At the age of 15, individuals can apply for a learner license. This allows young drivers to practice driving if they’re with a licensed driver at least 21 years old.
- Drivers may then apply for a provisional license at the age of 16, after successfully completing:
- Hold a valid learner or hardship license for a minimum of six months;
- Complete classroom and behind-the-wheel portions of driver education;
- Pass the Impact Texas Teen Driver (ITTD) course; and
- Obtain a passing score on the driving test.
- The provisional driver’s license is valid until they turn 18, at which time all restrictions are lifted.
Texas Good Student Discount
Drivers and their parents may be eligible for a Good
Student Discount if the student meets the following conditions:
- 16 to 25 years of age or older; and
- Enrolled full-time in an educational institution (high school, college, or home-schooled); and
- Maintains a “B” average or a 3.0 GPA
- Get a quote today to see how much you can save with a Good Student Discount.
Texas Insurance Agents
From Abilene to San Antonio, we have dedicated Texas insurance agents ready to answer any questions you have about a Toshima Media car insurance policy. You can also reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through our award-winning app. Check out how we’re simplifying insurance in the app with one-click bill pay, digital ID cards, on-demand roadside assistance, and more. Download our award-winning app right now. GEICO.COM