AAUW Scholarship for International Students _ If you want to study in the United States on a fully supported scholarship, this is a fantastic option. AAUW Fellowship Scholarships are now available. This post will go into depth regarding this scholarship, its perks, and the application procedure.
Read till the end to find out if you are eligible for this Scholarship, find out also the steps you should follow to apply correctly and win this Scholarship.
Start your undergraduate study adventure in USA. Good news! AAUW Fellowship Program is currently open. In this article, we will explain what is AAUW fellowship Program, its application benefits and step by step application process.
About AAUW Fellowship Scholarship for International Students Program
AAUW Fellowship Program is a fully-funded scholarship. This scholarship is offered by The American Association of University Women, USA. International students from all world countries are eligible to apply. This scholarship is only available for graduate and post-graduate studies in any subject offered by the university. AAUW Fellowship Program covers $18,000 to $30,000 per year, contingent upon meeting academic standards for renewal.
AAUW (the American Association of University Women) awards International Fellowships for full-time study or research in the United States to women who are not United States citizens or permanent residents. Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited institutions are supported.
Originally designed to provide Latin American women opportunities for graduate and postgraduate study in the U.S., the International Fellowships program was awarded its first fellowship in 1917. The program now includes women from around the world, and International Fellowships have been awarded to more than 3,600 women from more than 150 nations.
Level of Study: Masters, Doctoral, Postdoctoral
Institution(s): The American Association of University Women
Study in: USA
Program Period: Fellowship year: July 1, 2022–June 30, 2023
- Business and Finance Studies
- Computer Science& IT
- Creative Arts and Design
- Social Studies and Media
- Environmental Sciences
- General Sciences
- Health Studies
- Agriculture and Veterinary
- Applied and Pure Sciences
- Architecture& Construction
- Education and Training
- Mining and Oil & Gas Operations
- Travel and Hospitality
- Cultural and Critical Studies
- Regional Studies
- Religious Studies
- Film & Television
- Gender and women’s studies
- Global studies
AAUW Fellowship provides the recipients with the below benefits:
- Master’s/Professional Fellowship: $18,000.
- Doctorate Fellowship: $20,000.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: $30,000.
International Fellowship funds are available for:-
- Educational expenses.
- Living expenses.
- Dependent child care.
- Travel to professional meetings, conferences, or seminars, as long as it does not exceed 10 percent of the fellowship.
Eligibility Criteria for AAUW Fellowship
To be eligible for AAUW Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries except USA
- Have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a non-immigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Women who are currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen with the U.S. and another country are not eligible.
- Hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by November 15, 2021.
- Intend to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
- Intend to return to her home country to pursue a professional career.
- Be proficient in English. Unless the applicant can verify that her native language is English (written statement required), that she received her secondary diploma or undergraduate degree from an English-speaking institution (transcript required), or that she will have completed one semester of full-time study in her discipline at an English-speaking college or university between November 2018 and November 2020 (transcript required), she must upload a recent ETS TOEFL* (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score. Institutional TOEFL scores and other English proficiency test scores (such as IELTS) will not be accepted. Minimum score acceptable: 550 for Paper-Based Test (TOEFL PBT, no older than October 2019); 79 for Internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT, no older than November 2019); 60 for Revised TOEFL paper-delivered Test (no older than November 2019).
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied by November 15, 2021, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application.
- Master’s/first professional degree fellowships are intended for master’s or professional degree-level programs such as J.D., M.F.A., L.L.M., M.Arch., or medical degrees such as M.D., D.D.S., etc.
- Doctoral fellowships are intended for doctorate degrees, such as Ph.D. or Ed.D.
- Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate degree; hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A. by November 15, 2021; and indicate where they will conduct their research.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited institution located in the U.S. during the fellowship year.
- A limited number of awards are available to GWI members for study or research in any country other than their own. Note that foreign branches of U.S. institutions are considered outside of the U.S.
- Applicants must be conducting a full year of study or research. International Fellowships do not provide funding for a partial year of study or research. Programs ending prior to April of the fellowship year are not eligible.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral fellowships support traditional classroom-based courses of study at colleges or universities. This fellowship program does not provide funding for distance-learning or online programs or for degrees heavily dependent on distance-learning components. Final decisions about what constitutes distance learning under these fellowships will be made by AAUW.
How to Apply for AAUW Fellowship?
Please follow below important steps to avail AAUW Fellowship:
- Prepare the following documents:
- Three recommenders who are professors or professional colleagues well acquainted with you, your work, and your academic background, in striving towards scholarly pursuits.m dossier services.
- Proof of highest degree.
- Proof of current enrollment (currently-enrolled applications only).
- Proof of bachelor’s degree.
- Proof of doctorate or M.F.A. degree (postdoctoral applicants only).
- Official report of TOEFL test scores or waiver request.
- Letter of admission.
- Pass the eligibility quiz to be reviewed by the selection panel.
- Complete the application then submit it.
To know more about AAUW Scholarship for International Students, please visit the official website: