2022 Truck Driver Jobs & Salaries in Canada for Immigrants _ Welcome to this post, we are here to educate and guide you with updated information on how to become anything you want and whatever you seek online; we are your best plug.
A seeker of information must be a good and patient reader, this is all you will need to search out whatever you seek. Let’s go on this topic:
2022 Truck Driver Jobs & Salaries in Canada for Immigrants
The trucking industry in Canada is thriving, owing to the high demand for experienced truck drivers. The Canadian government is looking for truck drivers to work in their country, but you must be qualified for the position.
Heavy truck driver jobs are becoming increasingly difficult to fill because these drivers can travel across Canada for free.
The job provides competitive pay, allowing you to live the lifestyle you desire. However, if you have prior experience in the field, you will be able to fit in more quickly.
Many benefits are available on the job depending on when you are ready to start. In some Canadian provinces, the government is willing to pay you more for doing extra work.
Truck Drivers’ Jobs in High Demand
Long-haul drivers are in high demand in Canada, but there are only a few positions available. If you are a qualified truck driver and meet the other requirements, the Canadian government will issue you a work visa that will allow you to work in the country.
According to statistics, the demand for long-haul truck drivers will increase to 48,000 by 2024. It demonstrates that there are numerous opportunities for individuals in this field.
In Canada, the workforce in this sector is dominated by people who are over the age of 47. As a result, the country seeks younger, more experienced truck drivers. Long-haul drivers are typically required to work for 14 days on the road, with three days off between trips.
For example, if you travel from Regina to Edmonton, the trip will take 12 hours, and you will be given an off day to rest. They have over 2,600 open truck driver positions.
Salaries for Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
In Canada, the more time you spend traveling from one province to another, the more money you make. Truck divers in Alberta earn $30 per hour, while truck divers in New Brunswick earn $17 per hour.
As a result, the annual salary for full-time truck drivers ranges from $35,000 to $60,000. Let’s look at salaries in a few Canadian provinces:
- Alberta – $54,195
- Northwest Territories – $52,650
- British Columbia – $49,725
- Saskatchewan – $48,750
- Ontario $46,940
- Quebec – $46,781
- Prince Edward Island – $37,986
Essential Requirements for Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
- Language Skills: English or French
- Educational degree: Certificate or Diploma
- Credentials: certificates, courses, licenses, etc.
- Experience: 3 to 5 years
- Specific skills: Perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspection
- Documentation: Driver logbook, maintenance and repair reports, inspection report, etc.
- Security and Safety: Driving record check and Driver’s validity license check.
- Personal Equipment: Safety boots, hard hats, etc.
- Transportation Information: Valid driver’s license
- Physical Capabilities and Working conditions: overtime, repetitive tasks.
- Type of Trucking Equipment: Dump truck and Tractor-trailer
Truck Drivers’ Capabilities
- Goods should be always wrapped
- Respond to any issue that is raised by consumers
- Fix and troubleshoot technical issues that may occur
- Carry out different laboring tasks to assist apprentices, tradespeople, and other employees.
- Overseeing the unloading and loading of products
- Inspecting vehicle’s overall function such as lights, tires, brakes, clutch, etc.
What are the Basic Duties of Truck Drivers?
- Operate business tricks in a manner that matches applicable laws and rules.
- Checking and cleaning the vehicle daily for safety purposes.
- Traveling to the Hub DC and DC within the allocated time.
- Unload and load tires to meet delivery responsibilities.
Application for Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
If you consider yourself eligible for the job, then you can go ahead with the job application process to get the job. This is a simple step or guideline to follow that will guarantee you maximum success:
- Click the apply button to take you to the next step
- Endeavor to read the information regarding the job process carefully such as job description, duties, required education, responsibilities, specific skills, experience, hiring company, work settings, work location, etc.
- Click on ‘show how to apply, and it may contain the application link.
- Submit your application and CV to the provided email address
Reference to Job Listing – Apply below
- Link 1: http://gestyy.com/esrDad
- Link 2: http://gestyy.com/esrDsy
Different Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
1. Truck driver Jobs in Calgary:
This province has an impressive number of skyscrapers and it is a fast development province. It is the country’s oil industry center. As a result of retaining Western culture, it is also known as “Cowtown”.
Also, it is an excellent location for truck drivers to work, and some of these truck driver jobs are:
- Combo/Pressure Truck Operator
- Class 3 Garbage Truck Driver
- Truck Driver – Permanent
- Driver Helper
- Recycling Service Driver
2. Truck driver jobs in Ontario:
Ontario is another province for truck drivers located in the Eastern part of Canada. It shares boundaries with the Great Lake region and the United States. The province had numerous Victorian architecture exhibiting Canadian and indigenous arts. Some of the driver jobs available are:
- Haul Truck Operator
- Shunt truck driver
- Recycling truck driver
- Tractor-trailer truck driver
- Garbage Truck Driver (AZ)
3. Truck driver jobs in Edmonton:
It is the capital city of Alberta and happens to be the largest province. It is located at the Northern end which statistics Canada calls the “Calgary-Edmonton Corridor”. They need young and experienced truck drivers. Some truck drivers vacancies are:
- Truck driver
- Seasonal Shutdown Class 3 Driver
- Moving truck driver
- Long haul truck driver
Other Interesting Information
- Can students apply for studying abroad on their own?
- Self-Apply v/s Outside Agents for Study Abroad
- IELTS Exam (Academic & General Test): Exam Dates, Registration, Fees, Eligibility, Syllabus, Results
Conclusion on “2022 Truck Driver Jobs & Salaries in Canada for Immigrants”
Truck driver jobs are the hot cake in Canada for those with the right skills and experience to fill the position. If you are thinking of migrating to Canada to earn a good income, you can apply to any Canadian province searching for truck drivers and you will be lucky to get a work visa into the country.